Evaluation of Online Consulting Using Co-browsing: What Factors Are Related to Good User Experience?
Technological advancements have changed many, if not all industries. This paper focuses on changes for service providers. Many services have been implemented without the knowledge about their effectiveness and user acceptance. This paper evaluates a web browser-based support framework for banks that provides customers with assistance through text chat and co-browsing. The focus lies on elements of design and the implementation of co-browsing. The mixed-method approach was implemented in the study. 29 participants were given online-banking related tasks, where after their experience was assessed through a questionnaire and a semi-structured interview. The results indicate, that common visualizations and designs are better understood and that the time to solve tasks is significantly reduced when participants were supported through co-browsing.
KeywordsUsability Co-browsing User experience Technology acceptance
- 1.Likkanen, L.: (2018). https://www.futurice.com/blog/tools-for-data-driven-design-of-digital-services/. Accessed 15 Dec 2018
- 2.Aneiros, M., Estivill-Castro, V.: Usability of real-time unconstrained WWW-co-browsing for educational settings, pp. 105–111 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/wi.2005.154
- 5.Fuchs, C., Diamantopoulos, A.: Using single-item measures for construct measurement in management research: conceptual issues and application guidelines. Die Betriebswirtschaft 69(2), 195 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ullrich, D., Diefenbach, S.: Measuring intuitive interaction. The INTUI Questionnaire. http://intuitiveinteraction.net/method/. Accessed 31 Jan 2019
- 8.Karrer, K., Glaser, C., Clemens, C., Bruder, C.: Technikaffinität erfassen–der Fragebogen TA-EG. Der Mensch im Mittelpunkt technischer Systeme 8, 196–201 (2009)Google Scholar