A Stage Name: A Way to an Individual’s Success
The present paper reports on the study of stage names which symbolize a very important part of individuals’ identities. A stage name functions as a brand name helping a performer to enjoy wide popularity. For this purpose, some people of a creative profession change their original names and adopt memorable and euphonic stage names suitable for their public life and playbills.
KeywordsAnthroponymic transformation First name Last name Name change Pseudonym Stage name
The article was prepared within development program of the Flagship Regional University on the basis of Belgorod State Technological University named after V.G. Shoukhov.
- 1.Room, A.: A Dictionary of Pseudonyms and Their Origins, with Stories of Name Changes. McFarland and Company, Jefferson (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Humperdinck, E., Wright, K.: Engelbert: What’s in a Name? The Autobigraphy. Virgin Books, London (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Carpozi, G.: The Gary Cooper Story. Arlington House, New York (1970)Google Scholar
- 4.Lake, V., Bain, D.: Veronica: The Autobiography of Veronica Lake. Citadel Press, New York (1970)Google Scholar
- 5.Hanks, P., Hodges, F.: Dictionary of First Names. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1996)Google Scholar