Corruption in Russia: State and Prospects
Russian Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika, speaking at the State Duma, said: “It cannot be said that corruption is characteristic of certain parts of the state machinery. It permeates all levels of power, acquires a systemic character” . According to the Prosecutor General’s Office, in all federal ministries and departments covered by prosecutorial inspections, facts were found out of violations by employees of the requirements. Recently, the number of crimes of corruption directed by heads of administrations, responsible heads of federal and regional authorities has sharply increased. The Prosecutor General’s Office found violations of the legislation on public service in the Federal Customs Service, the Ministry of Health and Social Development, and other central government bodies. Corruption manifests itself in virtually all spheres of state activity, in which financial or other material resources are distributed, permits are issued for the performance of certain activities and actions.
Corruption in the renewed Russia blossomed because the official was able to manage not only budgetary funds, but also state or municipal property, state orders, licenses, benefits, etc. Becoming actually one of the elements of the functioning of the state, an integral part of its relations with the oligarchic business, corruption created monstrous disproportions in the system of governance and functioning of state institutions. The authors regret that the fight against corruption has not yet yielded significant results in Russia and points to obvious ways to activate it.
KeywordsCorruption Reasons for growth in Russia Counteracting corruption
- 1.Corruption Pervades All Levels of Power (2006). http://2006.novayagazeta.ru/nomer/2006/90n/n90n-s20.shtml. Accessed 12 Apr 2018
- 2.National Anti-Corruption Plan (2010). http://ivo.garant.ru/SESSION/PILOT/main.htm. Accessed 18 Apr 2018
- 3.Written, E.: Steal a Trillion. Vedomosti, 1 November 2010. http://www.vedomosti.ru/newspaper/article/248724/ukrast_trillion. Accessed 17 Apr 2018
- 4.Moiseev, V.V., Guzairov, V.Sh, Vasneva, V.A.: To question about struggle against corruption in Russia. Soc. Sci. 10(3), 265–272 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.The Chamber of Accounts Found Violations of 1.9 Trillion Rubles in 2017. https://iz.ru/688346/2017-12-26/schetnaia-palata-obnaruzhila-narusheniia-na-19-trln-rublei-v-2017-godu. Accessed 12 Apr 2018
- 6.Russia was Among the Most Corrupt Countries, Dividing One Line of the Rating With Kyrgyzstan and Cameroon (2016). http://nversia.ru/news/print/id/60927. Accessed 14 Apr 2018
- 7.Kondrashov, V.: And we are all waiting and waiting for a better life … Peasant Russia. No. 20 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Putin, V.V.: Fighting Corruption. Quotations and Appeals 2000–2016. https://simbiblis.livejournal.com/515245.html. Accessed 24 Feb 2018
- 9.On the Heroic Confrontation of Putin and Corruption. https://naganoff.livejournal.com/42289.html. Accessed 24 Feb 2018
- 10.Who Stole a Trillion Rubles? http://auto39.ru/articles/2017/a17062606.html. Accessed 14 Apr 2018
- 12.Moiseev, V.V.: Who Lives Well in Russia. Monograph. Direct-Media, Berlin. 465 (2017)Google Scholar