The Beginning and Hereafter
Issue: Some of the great, unanswered questions of our time are: “How did it all begin? Is there an afterlife? Why do we exist?” Was the notion of God a creation of man, a product of our idea that everything must have a beginning and an end? Did God come from divine invention, a quirk of wiring of the brain, or is God an invention of ancient man? And why do most of the people in the world believe he (or she) exists in reality or in spirit? In the spirit of counterfactual analysis, answering these unanswered questions open paths to new beliefs, understanding, and meaning.
- BBC News. 2016. The ‘Milk Miracle’ That Brought India to a Standstill. BBC News, December 14. Retrieved December 21, 2017.Google Scholar
- Pew Research Center. 2008. US Religious Landscape Survey: Religious Beliefs and Practices. Washington. http://www.pewforum.org/2008/06/01/u-s-religious-landscape-survey-religious-beliefs-and-practices/. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Pew Research Center. 2015. The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010–2050. Washington. http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- Smithsonian. 2007. A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials. Washington: Smithsonian Institution. http://celopsummerscitech2012.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/57093189/A%20Brief%20History%20of%20the%20Salem%20Witch%20Trials%20_%20History%20%26%20Archaeology%20_%20Smithsonian%20Magazine.pdf. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- YouGov. 2012. Omnibus Poll. London. https://today.yougov.com/about/about/ and http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/ghosttoplines.pdf. Retrieved November 21, 2018.