Post-crisis Growth Prospects in the European Union
In lieu of an introduction, this chapter explores the speed of recovery in the European Union from the late global financial and economic crisis, through key macroeconomic indicators. Although the united Europe endured the crisis, there are several issues which question the current course and outcomes of the European integration project. The book brings together contributions from leading and distinguished scholars and experts on the most relevant and pressing economic aspects of the issues that will shape the future of the union. This chapter gives an overview of their contributions.
- Bitzenis, A., Papadopoulos, I., & Vlachos, V. A. (2013). The Euro-Area Sovereign Debt Crisis and the Neglected Factor of the Shadow Economy. In A. Bitzenis, I. Papadopoulos, & V. A. Vlachos (Eds.), Reflections on the Greek Sovereign Debt Crisis. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.Google Scholar
- Buti, M. (2017, October 10). Europe 10 Years After the Crisis: Out of the Tunnel? Public event organized by the European Institute at Columbia University. Available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/2017.10.10_columbia_the_response_to_the_crisis_marco_buti.pdf. Accessed December 18, 2018.
- Dany, G., Gropp, R. E., Littke, H., & von Schweinitz, G. (2015). Germany’s Benefit from the Greek Crisis (IWH Online 7/2015). Halle (Saale): Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung Halle (IWH). Available at https://www.iwh-halle.de/fileadmin/user_upload/publications/iwh_online/io_2015-07.pdf. Accessed December 18, 2018.
- European Central Bank. (2013). Details on Securities Holdings Acquired Under the Securities Markets Programme. Available at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/pr/date/2013/html/pr130221_1.en.html. Accessed January 9, 2019.
- European Central Bank. (2019). Breakdown of Debt Securities Under the PSPP. Available at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/mopo/implement/omt/html/index.en.html. Accessed January 9, 2019.
- European Commission. (2011). European Commission Green Paper on the Feasibility of Introducing Stability Bonds (MEMO/11/820). Available at http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-11-820_en.htm. Accessed January 20, 2019.
- European Commission. (2017). White Paper on the Future of Europe: Reflections and Scenarios for the EU27 by 2025. Brussels: European Commission.Google Scholar
- European Commission, Directorate-General for Communication. (2018). Standard Eurobarometer 89 (Spring 2018): Public Opinion in the European Union, First Results. Brussels: European Commission.Google Scholar
- Eurostat. (n.d.). Eurostat Database. Available at https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/data/database. Accessed December 18, 2018.
- Gibson, H. D., Palivos, T., & Tavlas, G. S. (2014). The Crisis in the: An Analytic Overview. Journal of Macroeconomics, 39(Part B), 233–239.Google Scholar