Geostatistical Variography for Geospatial Variables
This chapter presents geostatistical characterizations of geospatial data, focusing on the description of the spatial continuity/discontinuity of reservoir properties using variogram, covariance or correlation function. Other geostatistical methods used for modeling reservoir properties are presented in Chaps. 16, 17 and 18.
- Journel, A. G., & Huijbregts, C. J. (1978). Mining geostatistics. New York: Academic.Google Scholar
- Krige, D. G. (1951). A statistical approach to some basic mine valuation problems in the Witwatersrand. Journal of the Chemical, Metallurgical and Mining Society of South Africa, 52, 119–139.Google Scholar
- Ma, Y. Z., Seto, A., & Gomez, E. (2008). Frequentist meets spatialist: A marriage made in reservoir characterization and modeling. SPE 115836, SPE ATCE, Denver, CO.Google Scholar
- Matheron, G. (1971). The theory of regionalized variables and their applications: Textbook of center of geostatistics. Fontainebleau, France, 212p.Google Scholar
- Olea, R. A. (1991). Geostatistical glossary and multilingual dictionary. New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar