A Nonlocal Image Inpainting Problem Using the Linear Allen–Cahn Equation
Digital image inpainting problem deal with the interpolation of the damaged or missing regions of the image. In this paper we study the effect of the nonlocal image inpainting with respect to the local models and aim to demonstrate that linear fractional equations produce natural images, comparable to the ones obtained by the nonlinear equations. Simulations are obtained by the implementation of the finite difference method.
KeywordsImage inpainting PDE Allen–Cahn equation
The research is supported in part by the COST action 15225: Fractional-order systems-analysis, synthesis and their importance for future design. The research is also supported by the Croatian Science Foundation’s funding of the project “Microlocal defect tools in partial differential equations” (MiTPDE) with grant number 2449.
- 2.Bertalmio, M., et al.: Image inpainting. In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. ACM Press/Addison-Wesley Publishing Co. (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Bertalmio, M., Bertozzi, A.L., Sapiro, G.: Navier-stokes, fluid dynamics, and image and video inpainting. In: Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 2001, vol. 1. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Feng, Z., Yin, J., Zhou, J.: Inpainting algorithm for jacquared image based on phase-field model. In: 3rd International Conference on Intelligent System and Knowledge Engineering, ISKE 2008, vol. 1. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Larnier, S., Mecca, R.: Fractional-order diffusion for image reconstruction. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP). IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Grafakos, L.: Classical Fourier Analysis, Graduate Text in Mathematics 249. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar