Linear Static Analysis and Dynamic Analysis of a Mono-tyre Bike Wheel Inner-Hub Design Using Finite Element Analysis
The main objectives of this paper are to design and perform linear static analysis and modal analysis of aluminium Silicon alloy (AlSi12) wheel inner hub with point contact bearing grooves for a Monotyre bike for linear static conditions and ensure its safety. Design of wheel inner hub was done in SOLIDWORKS 2016 × 64 Edition cad modelling software and FEA was carried out in ANSYS 16.0. The FEA results will show us maximum von-mises stresses and deflection at the point of contact of outer hub. A major task in this project is to study and optimize the load on the bearing and deflection. The analysis is supposed to show that the stresses generated in the AlSi12 wheel hub and the hub is within the limits of the assigned material.
KeywordsWheel inner hub 3D modelling Meshing Linear static analysis Dynamic or modal analysis
- 2.Bawne SK, Yenkar YL (2015) Optimization of car rim. IJERA 5(10). ISSN: 2248-9622Google Scholar
- 3.Eilam E, Chikofsky EJ (2007) Reversing secrets of reverse engineering. Wiley, p 3. ISBN 9780764574818Google Scholar
- 4.“Finite Element Analysis of Wheel Hub for Cornering and Radial Load Condition”, Angel Bhattacharjya “M. Technology in Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM), Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune”Google Scholar
- 5.Engineering for rural development, Jelgava, 24.-26.05.2017 “Mechanical properties of AlSi12 alloy with aluminium bronze”; Tomasz Lipinski; University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland; firstname.lastname@example.orgGoogle Scholar
- 6.“Modal Analysis” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_analysis