Optimization of Surface Roughness in Turning Process by Using Jaya Algorithm
Jaya is an algorithm-specific parameter-less algorithm which is very promising and simple optimization technique to solve various optimization problems. In this study, an empirical model for surface roughness has been optimized for the three dependent parameters such as spindle speed, feed rate and depth of cut using Jaya algorithm. The convergence pattern of Jaya algorithm for the same optimization problem has also been studied. Spindle speed of 1120 rpm, the feed rate of 0.0508 mm/rev and depth of cut of 0.4 mm resulted in optimum value for surface roughness of 0.207975 μm by Jaya algorithm. This provides a platform to the manufacturing industries for determining the optimal setting of machining parameters depending on applications.
KeywordsJaya algorithm Optimization AlMg1SiCu Surface roughness
- 2.Al-Refaie A, Al-Durgham L, Bata N (2010) Optimal parameter design by regression technique and grey relational analysis. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, London.Google Scholar
- 3.Kumar S, Gupta M, Satsangi PS, Sardana HK (2010) Modeling and analysis for surface roughness and material removal rate in machining of UD-GFRP using PCD tool. Int J Eng Sci Technol 2(8):248–270Google Scholar
- 4.Mustafa A, Tanju K (2011) Investigation of the machinability of the Al 7075 alloy using DLC coated cutting tools. Sci Res Essays 6(1):44–51Google Scholar
- 5.Aruna M, Dhanalaksmi V (2012) Design optimization of cutting parameters when turning Inconel 718 with cermet İnserts, world academy of science. Eng Technol 61:952–955Google Scholar
- 7.Rao RV (2016) A simple and new optimization algorithm for solving constrained and unconstrained optimization problems. Int J Ind Eng Comput 7:19–34Google Scholar