Improved Neural Network Tool: Application to Societal Forecasting Problems
Time series forecasting is an important issue for many individuals and enterprises for decision making and planning. Researchers are investigated many time series forecasting problems related to demand, sales, technology, stock, financial forecasting etc. Recent research trend suggests that artificial neural networks are one of the important alternatives to traditional statistical methods. This paper presents improved ANN tools for solving social forecasting problems. This paper presents two multivariate time series forecasting problem for financial organization and agricultural sector. Different models of ANN are developed with varying hidden nodes. Learning rate of the proposed model is adaptive based on the results of past iterations. The experimental result shows that for validation and training, ANN with extended adaptive learning rate outperforms other two variations. Results show that the performance of all ANN increases with a number of hidden nodes up to a certain limit.
KeywordsArtificial neural network (ANN) Adaptive learning rate Forecasting
- 5.Rahul GK, Khurana M (2010) A: comparative study review of soft computing approach in weather forecasting. WorkGoogle Scholar
- 8.Feng J, Liu T, Zeng L, Wang D, Wang X (2017) Research and application of grey neural network in equipment life prediction. In: 3rd IEEE International Conference on Computer and Communications (ICCC), pp 1990–1994. IEEE (2017, December)Google Scholar
- 12.Hicham A, Mohamed B (2012) A model for sales forecasting based on fuzzy clustering and Back-propagation neural networks with adaptive learning rate. In: International conference on complex systems, pp. 1–5, IEEE (2012, November)Google Scholar
- 15.Kumar P, Walia E (2006) Cash forecasting: an application of artificial neural networks in finance. IJCSA 3(1):61–77Google Scholar
- 16.Veenadhari S, Misra B, Singh C (2014) Machine learning approach for forecasting crop yield based on climatic parameters. In: International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), pp 1–5. IEEEGoogle Scholar