High Capacity Data Hiding Based on AMBTC and Interpolation
Absolute Moment Block Truncation Coding (AMBTC) is a compression method with low complexity and simple computation to easily compress a block. Various AMBTC-like methods have been proposed for developing data hiding schemes. All the existing techniques demonstrated steady performance. To further improve performance, in this paper, we present a method to extend the cover image using the neighbor mean interpolation (NMI) method, and improve data hiding performance based on this extended cover image and AMBTC. Experimental results show that our framework is superior in terms of existing BTC-based data hiding function and concealment efficiency.
KeywordsData hiding NMI BTC AMBTC DBS
This research was supported in part by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), under Grant 107-2221-E-259-007-. This research was supported by the Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (2018R1D1A1B07047395), National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by (2015R1D1A1A01059253), and was supported under the framework of international cooperation program managed by NRF (2016K2A9A2A05005255).
- 10.Bergman, C., Davidson, J.: Unitary embedding for data hiding with the SVD. In: Proceedings of the SPIE, Security, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VII, vol. 5681, 21 March 2005. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.587796
- 12.Hong, W., Chen, T.S., Shiu, C.W.: Lossless steganography for AMBTC compressed images. In: Proceedings of 1st International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, Sanya, China, vol. 2, pp. 13–17 (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Chuang, J.C., Chang, C.C.: Using a simple and fast image compression algorithm to hide secret information. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 28(4), 329–333 (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Hong, W., Chen, J., Chen, T.S., Shiu, C.W.: Steganography for block truncation coding compressed images using hybrid embedding scheme. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 7, 733–743 (2011)Google Scholar
- 21.Image database ref. http://sipi.usc.edu/database/database.php?volume=misc. Accessed 31 May 2018
- 22.Bai, J., Chang, C.C.: A high payload steganographic scheme for compressed images with hamming code. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 18, 1122–1129 (2016)Google Scholar