Energy-Efficient Task Caching and Offloading Strategy in Mobile Edge Computing Systems
As the limited processing power and energy of mobile terminals, the QoS of delay-sensitive service cannot be guaranteed. This paper proposes an SDN-based task caching and offloading strategy (SD-TCO) by mobile edge computing technology. The strategy mainly includes two algorithms: SDN-based mobile edge computing network (SD-MEN) task caching algorithm and branch-bounding algorithm based on greedy strategy. The SD-MEN task caching algorithm is used to increase the cache hit ratio by saving the frequently called task results on the edge server, and the branch-bounding algorithm based on greedy strategy is used to offload the task reasonably, which can ensure the QoS of users and minimize energy consumption. Simulation results show that SD-TCO has achieved effective improvement in stable delay and energy consumption.
KeywordsMobile Edge Computing SDN Greedy strategy Cache
This work was supported by State Grid Technology Project ‘Edge Computing Research in Smart Grid Application and Security’ (Grant: 52110118001H, Contract No: 52110418001B).
- 1.Meng, S., Wang, Y., Miao, Z., Sun, K.: Joint optimization of wireless bandwidth and computing resource in cloudlet-based mobile cloud computing environment. Peer-to-Peer Netw. Appl., 1–11 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Barbera, M., Kosta, S., Mei, A., Stefa, J.: To offload or not to offload? The bandwidth and energy costs of mobile cloud computing. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1285–1293, April 2013Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, X., Wang, H., Li, K., Yang, S., Jiang, T.: Serendipity of sharing: Large-scale measurement and analytics for device-to-device (D2D) content sharing in mobile social networks. In: Proceedings of IEEESECON, SanDiego, CA, USA, pp. 1–5, June 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/sahcn.2017.7964925
- 6.Tan, Z., Yu, F.R., Li, X., Ji, H., Leung, V.C.M.: Virtual resource allocation for heterogeneous services in full duplex-enabled SCNs with mobile edge computing and caching. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, G., Liu, Y., Wang, Y.: Evaluation of labelling layout methods in augmented reality. In: 2017 IEEE Virtual Reality (VR), Los Angeles, CA, 2017, pp. 351–352 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/vr.2017.7892321
- 9.Loh, K.H., Golden, B., Wasil, E.: Solving the maximum cardinality bin packing problem with a weight annealing-based algorithm. In: Operations Research and Cyber-Infrastructure, vol. 47, pp. 147–164 (2009)Google Scholar