Extending Borda Rule Under q-rung Orthopair Fuzzy Set for Multi-attribute Group Decision-Making
With a view of generalizing intuitionistic fuzzy set (IFS), q-rung orthopair fuzzy set (q-ROFS) was developed. The q-ROFS mitigates the limitation of IFS in terms of data representation and provides a more flexible environment for decision makers (DMs) to easily express their preference and non-preference values. Motivated by the power of q-ROFS, in this paper efforts are made to propose q-rung orthopair fuzzy preference relations (q-ROFPRs). Further, a new operator called simple q-rung orthopair fuzzy weighted geometry (Sq-ROFWG) is proposed for aggregating preferences. Then, we extend the popular Borda rule to q-ROFPR for sensible ranking of alternatives. Also, the Borda rule is investigated from both broad and narrow context. The practicality and usefulness of the proposed method is demonstrated by using a cloud vendor (CV) selection example. Finally, the strength and weakness of the proposal is discussed.
KeywordsBorda rule Cloud vendor selection Group decision-making q-rung orthopair fuzzy set
Author(s) are thankful to University Grants Commission (UGC) India (F./2015-17/RGNF-2015-17-TAM-83) and Department of Science & Technology (DST) India (SR/FST/ETI-349/2013) for their financial support.
- 1.Triantaphyllou, E., Shu, B.: Multi-criteria decision making: an operations research approach. Encycl. Electr. Electron. Eng. 15, 175–186 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, L., Zhang, R., Wang, J., Shang, X., Bai, K.: A novel approach to multi-attribute group decision-making with q-rung picture linguistic information. Symmetry 10(5), 1–12 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Garcia-lapresta, J.L., Martinez-panero, M.: Borda count versus approval voting: a fuzzy approach. Public Choice 112(1), 167–184 (2018)Google Scholar
- 19.Liu, P., Chen, S., Wang, P.: Multiple-attribute group decision-making based on q-rung orthopair fuzzy power Maclaurin symmetric mean operators, 1–16 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/tsmc.2018.2852948
- 20.Mi, X., Liao, H.: Hesitant fuzzy linguistic group decision making with Borda rule. In: International Conference on Group Decision and Negotiation 2018. LNBIP, vol. 315, pp. 1–12 Springer, Heidelberg (2018)Google Scholar
- 23.Zou, K.: Borda method of fuzzy decision making. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 403–405. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar