Towards the Super-Massive Black Hole Seeds
Massive and super-massive black-holes (BH) can be found in the center of all galaxies, according to the opinion from the scientific community. However, an open question is to know the origin of such BHs. One explanation is to consider such objects coming from the stars with large redshifts—very old stars collapsed during the ancient eras (population-III stars: the first-born stars created in the universe). A framework to investigate this scenario is to derive a mathematical model describing the evolution of the black hole distribution. From nowadays, observations show super-massive black holes with mass about 109M⊙ are ubiquitous in galaxy centers. The regularized inverse solution can be computed using an optimizer to identify the best solution for the functional to be minimized. Preliminary results are shown using synthetic observational data.
The authors would like to thank the FAPESP and CNPq, Brazilian agencies for research support.
- [BaEtal00]Baeck, T., Fogel, D.B., Michalewicz, Z.: Evolutionary Computation 1: Basic Algorithms and Operators, Taylor & Francis (2000).Google Scholar
- [CaEtAl97]Campos Velho, H. F., Ramos, F. M.: Numerical Inversion of Two-Dimensional Geoelectric Conductivity Distributions from Electromagnetic Ground Data, Braz. J. Geophys., 15, 133–143 (1997).Google Scholar
- [CoBo80]Conte, S. D., de Boor, C.: Elementary Numerical Analysis: An Algorithmic Approach, McGraw Hill, 3rd Edition (1980).Google Scholar
- [Ha52]Hadarmard, J.: Lectures on Cauchy’s Problem in Linear Partial Differential Equations, Dover (1952).Google Scholar
- [Mo84]Morosov, V. A.: Methods for Solving Incorrectly Posed Problems, Springer Verlag (1984).Google Scholar
- [NoWr06]Nocedal, J., Wright, S. J.: Numerical Optimization, Springer (2006).Google Scholar
- [RaFa09]Raimundo, S. I., Fabian, A. C. Eddington ratio and accretion efficiency in active galactic nuclei evolution, Monthly Notes of Royal Astronomic Society, 396, 12–17, (2009).Google Scholar
- [ShEtAl04]Shiguemori, E. H., Campos Velho, H. F., Silva, J. D. S.: Generalized Morosov’s Principle. In: Inverse Problems, Design and Optimization Symposium (IPDO), Angra dos Reis (RJ), Brazil, 290–298 (2004).Google Scholar
- [Ti77]Tikhonov, A. N., Arsenin, V. Y.: Solution of Ill-posed Problems, John Wiley & Sons (1977).Google Scholar