Comparison of Mechanical Hysteresis for Chosen Soft Tissues Taken from a Domestic Pig
The aim of the study was to analyze and compare mechanical hysteresis and ability to energy accumulation by a porcine skin, tendon and aorta sample. The uniaxial tensile tests were carried out on tissues samples taken from a domestic pigs to compare mechanical behavior of tested tissues. Then, the mechanical hysteresis was tested in 5 cycles of loading–unloading. The values of energy dissipation, energy during loading and unloading, hysteresis and residual strain were calculated. The study revealed the differences in ability of energy accumulation by different tissues. Mechanical hysteresis experiments give the possibility to better understand soft tissues biomechanics and provide data for modeling and predicting tissues behavior under the cyclic loading conditions.
KeywordsPorcine model Skin Tendon Aorta Hysteresis Energy dissipation Tensile test
The work was realized due to statutory activities M-1/12/2018/DS.
- 2.Fung, Y.C.: Biomechanics. Mechanical Properties of Living Tissues. Springer, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Liber-Kneć, A., Łagan, S.: Mechanical hysteresis tests for porcine tendons. Eng. Biomater. 20(139), 26–30 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Z., Yeung, K.: The preconditioning and stress relaxation of skin tissue. J. Biomed. Pharm. Eng. 2(1), 22–28 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Sopakayang, R.: A new viscoelastic model for preconditioning in ligaments and tendons. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, WCE 2013, 3–5 July 2013, London, UK, vol. III (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Wiśniewska, A., Liber-Kneć, A.: Influence of a skin tissue anisotropy on mechanical hysteresis. Tech. Trans. Mech. 5–M(15), 125–136 (2016)Google Scholar