Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists
This chapter will outline what is known about the roles and need for the Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (HSTS), often called “Sim Techs” for short. In addition to pointing out the expected scope of knowledge and expertise, this chapter will describe the differentiation between the function of these individuals and the larger operational function of the simulation center. The individual(s) tasked with completing these larger educational, administrative, and technical needs within a simulation center may have different titles or backgrounds but help complete the overall support needs for the proper functioning of a simulation-based educational program.
KeywordsSimulation Operations Sim Tech Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialist Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist
- 1.California Community College Economic and Workforce Development Program Health Initiative. DACUM competency profile for simulation technology specialist; 16 Dec 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Forinash K, Monks S, Cohen D, Stanton C, Crawford S, Littlewood K. Simulation operation specialists: an international needs assessment. International Meeting for Simulaiton in Healthcare, Orlando; 2017.Google Scholar
- 3.Society for Simulation in Heatlhcare. Certified healthcare simulation operations specialist; 2014. [Online]. http://www.ssih.org/Certification/CHSOS/Exam-Information
- 4.SimGHOSTS. Healthcare Simulation Domain Structure [Online] https://www.simghosts.org/sim/SimGHOSTS_Domains.asp: SimGHOSTS.org; (cited 2018). Available from: https://www.simghosts.org/sim/SimGHOSTS_Domains.asp
- 8.Steer K. SimGHOSTS training plan 2017–18. SimGHOSTS Report: 2016.Google Scholar