On the General Decay for a System of Viscoelastic Wave Equations
- 253 Downloads
This work is concerned with a coupled system of nonlinear viscoelastic wave equations that models the interaction of two viscoelastic fields. This system has been extensively studied by many authors for relaxation functions decaying exponentially, polynomially, or with some general decay rate. We prove a new general decay result that improves most of the existing results in the literature related to the system of viscoelastic wave equations. Our result allows wider classes of relaxation functions.
KeywordsViscoelastic System Relaxation function General decay
The authors would like to express their profound gratitude to King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) and University of Sharjah for their support.
- 1.M.M. Al-Gharabli, M.M. Kafini, A general decay result of a coupled system of nonlinear wave equations. Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo, II. Ser 67, 145–157 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.F. Alabau-Boussouira, P. Cannarsa, A general method for proving sharp energy decay rates for memory-dissipative evolution equations. C.R. Math. 347(15–16), 867–872 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Andrade, A. Mognon, global solutions for a system of Klein–Gordon equations with memory. Bol. Soc. Paran. Mat 21(1/2), 127–138 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.V.I. Arnold, Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 60 (Springer, New York, 1989)Google Scholar
- 7.X. Cao, Energy decay of solutions for a variable-coefficient viscoelastic wave equation with a weak nonlinear dissipation. J. Math. Phys. 57(2), 021509 (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.W. Liu, General decay rate estimate for a viscoelastic equation with weakly nonlinear time-dependent dissipation and source terms. J. Math. Phys. 50(11), 113506 (2009)Google Scholar
- 26.M.I. Mustafa, S.A. Messaoudi, General stability result for viscoelastic wave equations. J. Math. Phys. 53(5), 053702 (2012)Google Scholar
- 28.M.d.L. Santos, Decay rates for solutions of a system of wave equations with memory. Electron. J. Differ. Equ. 2002(38), 1–17 (2002)Google Scholar