Network Performance Evaluation to Realize N-Wavelength V2X Cognitive Wireless Communication System
Intelligent Transport Systems realize safer driving which is considered by road state information from multiple types of onboard or roadside sensors. Autonomous driving vehicle essentially requires to collect and process own sensor output and operate autonomously. When onboard system processes sensor output for onboard decision of road conditions at the position, it is necessary to consider how the vehicle exchange road information with other vehicle or roadside unit. This paper introduces cognitive wireless communication method which is designed for exchanging of road sensing information. Our proposal system consists of 920 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.6 GHz band wireless communication links and dynamically selects the best link based on wireless status. We evaluate network performance in-the-field experiments for V2R communication. From the result, our design could perform several times of higher efficiency for data delivering which is compared with the similar approach based on 2.4 GHz WLAN.
This research was supported by Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Program (SCOPE) No. 181502003, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan.
- 1.SAE International: Taxonomy and Definitions for Terms Related to Driving Automation Systems for On-Road Motor Vehicles J3016_201806 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Honda Global, October 17, 2003 Honda Introduces World’s First Congestion Prediction Function for it’s InterNavi Premium Club Car Navigation Service. https://global.honda/newsroom/news/2003/4031017-navi-eng.html. Accessed 20 Jan 2019
- 3.Hull, B., et al.: CarTel: a distributed mobile sensor computing system. In: Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Tsuboi, T., Yamada, J., Yamauchi, N., Hayashi, M.: Dual receiver communication system for DSRC. In: Proceeding of 2008 2nd International Conference on Future Generation Communication and Networking, pp. 459–464 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Bellavista, P., et al.: V2X protocols for low-penetration-rate and cooperative traffic estimations. In: Proceedings of 2014 IEEE 80th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1–6 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Ito, K., Hashimoto, K., Shibata, Y.: V2X communication system for sharing road alert information using cognitive network. In: Proceeding of 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology, pp. 533–538 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.IEEE 802.11ai-2016 - IEEE Standard for Information technology - Telecommunications and information exchange between systems - Local and metropolitan area networks - Specific requirements Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications Amendment 1: Fast Initial Link Setup (2016)Google Scholar