Energy Saving in HetNet Network Using eNB Parameters Tuning
Power consumption represents an exciting subject in the field of mobile communication networks. In the last decades, the radio access networks have witnessed a denoting augmentation in power consumption, and this has indirect drawbacks on both environment and economic sides. The increase of power consumption conduct to both a substantial growth in CO2 emissions and on the operational expenditure of network operators. For this reason, minimizing power consumption in mobile cellular networks has become mandatory. In this paper, we suggest a power saving scheme in LTE-Advanced based Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet) by the mean of switching ON/OFF eNodeB (eNB) and tilt modification of neighbors.
This work has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 761579 (TERAPOD).
- 1.http://www.3gpp.org/hetnet. Accessed 15 Nov 2018
- 2.Global Action Plan Report, An inefficient truth, December 2017Google Scholar
- 3.http://green-broadband.blogspot.com. Accessed 15 Nov 2018
- 5.Gong, J., Zhou, S., Niu, Z., Yang, P.: Traffic-aware base station sleeping in dense cellular networks. In: IWQoS 2018, pp. 1–2, June 2010Google Scholar
- 6.Chiaraviglio, L., Ciullo, D., Meo, M., Marsan, M.A.: Energy-aware UMTS access networks. In: W-GREEN 2008, Lapland (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Chiaraviglio, L., Ciullo, D., Meo, M., Marsan, M.A.: Energy efficient management of UMTS access networks. In: ITC 21, Paris, France, pp. 1–8, September 2009Google Scholar
- 8.Bousia, A., Kartsakli, E., Alonso, L., Verikoukis, C.: Energy efficient base station maximization switch off scheme for LTE-advanced. In: IEEE International Workshop CAMAD, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 256–260, September 2012Google Scholar
- 9.Lassoued, N., Boujnah, N., Bouallegue, R.: Power saving approach in LTE using switching ON/OFF eNodeB and Power UP/DOWN of Neighbors, SETIT, Tunisia, December 2018Google Scholar
- 10.Lassoued, N., Boujnah, N., Bouallegue, R.: Reducing power consumption in HetNet network using power adjustment and coordinated multipoint technique. In: AINA, Cracow, Poland, pp. 539–544, May 2018Google Scholar
- 12.Guidelines for evaluation of radio interface technologies for IMT-Advanced. Radiocommunication Sector of ITU (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.E-UTRA; further advancements for E-UTRA physical layer aspects, 3GPP (2010)Google Scholar