IoT Based Wide Area Road Surface State Sensing and Communication System for Future Safety Driving
In order to realize future safe automotive driving environment, road state condition technology is very important. In this paper, a new generation wide area road surface state information platform based on IoT based sensing and V2X technologies is introduced. In IoT sensing, various environmental sensors camera and GPS are integrated on vehicles to precisely detect the various road surface states and determine the dangerous locations on GIS. Those road information are transmitted the neighbor vehicles and road side server in realtime using V2X communication network. Driver can receive the road surface status information from the vehicle in opposite direction or road side server and eventually pay attentions to his/her driving before encountering the danger location. This technology can also lead to automotive driving by automatically controlling the car speed and direction.
The research was supported by Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Program Grant Number 181502003 by Ministry of Affairs and Communication.
- 1.A 2016 Aging Society White Paper. http://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/whitepaper/w-014/zenbun/s1_1_1.html
- 2.A 2016 Decling Birthrate White Paper. http://www8.cao.go.jp/shoushi/shoushika/whitepaper/measures/english/w-2016/index.html
- 3.Shibata, Y., Sato, G., Uchida, N.: A new generation wide area road surface state information platform based on crowd sensing and V2X technologies. In: The 21th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS2018). Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies book series (LNDECT), vol. 22, pp. 300–308 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Ito, T., Sakuraba, A., Shibata, Y.: Development of decision algorithm for road surface conditions by crowd sensing technology. In: The 13th International Conference on Advances on Broadband and Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies book series (LNDECT), vol. 25, pp. 361–366 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Ito, K., Hirakawa, G., Shibata, Y.: Experimentation of V2X communication in real environment for road alert information sharing system. In: IEEE AINA2015, pp. 711–716, March 2015Google Scholar
- 6.Ito, K., Hirakawa, G., Shibata, Y.: Estimation of communication range using Wi-Fi for V2X communication environment. In: The 10th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems, (CISIS2016), pp. 278–283. Fukuoka Institute of Technology, July 2016Google Scholar
- 7.Ito, K., Hashimoto, K., Shibata, Y.: V2X communication system for sharing road alert information using cognitive network. In: The 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology (iCAST 2017) (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Uchida, N., Ito, K., Hirakawa, G., Shibata, Y.: Evaluations of wireless V2X communication systems of for winter road surveillance systems. In: The 19th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS 2016), pp. 58–63. Technical University of Ostrava, September 2016Google Scholar
- 9.Shibata, Y., Sato, G., Uchida, N.: IoT based mobility network information infrastructure in challenged network environment toward aging society. In: The 9th International Workshop on Disaster and Emergency Information Network Systems, (IWDENS 2017). Tamkang University, Taiwan, March 2017Google Scholar
- 10.Uchida, N., Takeuchi, S., Ishida, T., Shibata, Y.: Mobile traffic accident prevention system based on chronological changes of wireless signals and sensors. J. Wirel. Mob. Netw. Ubiquit. Comput. Dependable Appl. (JoWUA) 8(3), 57–66 (2017)Google Scholar