Average Bit Error Probability Analysis for Cooperative DF Relaying in Wireless Energy Harvesting Networks
Thanks to the benefits of energy harvesting (EH) in cooperative decode-and-forward (DF) relaying networks, we decided to consider a CRN deploying time-switching based relaying protocol (TSR) to study EH. To clearly evaluate the system performance, we derive the expressions for outage probability at high end-to-end signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), ergodic capacity, and the average bit error probability (ABEP). After finishing the performance analysis, we provide Monte-Carlo simulations to prove the performance and the correctness of the obtained numerical results.
KeywordsEnergy harvesting Cooperative relaying networks Time-switching Outage probability Ergodic capacity Bit error probability
This research received funding from the grant No. SP2018/59 conducted by VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic and partially was supported by The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports from the Large Infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovations project No. LM2015070.
- 3.Fazio, P., De Rango, F., Sottile, C.: A new interference aware on demand routing protocol for vehicular networks. In: Proceedings of the 2011 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, SPECTS 2011, pp. 98–103 (2011). art. no. 5984853Google Scholar
- 5.De Rango, F., Lonetti, P., Marano, S.: MEA-DSR: a multipath energy-aware routing protocol for wireless Ad Hoc Networks. IFIP Int. Fed. Inf. Process. 265, 215–225 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Bai, X., Shao, J., Tian, J., Shi, L.: Power-splitting scheme for nonlinear energy harvesting AF relaying with direct link. Wirel. Commun. Mobile Comput. 2018 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7906957
- 12.Nguyen, H.-S., Nguyen, T.-S., Nguyen, M.T., Voznak, M.: Optimal time switching-based policies for efficient transmit power in wireless energy harvesting small cell cognitive relaying networks. Wireless Pers. Commun. Int. J. 99(4), 1605–1624 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-018-5296-2CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Lu, G., Shi, L., Ye, Y.: Maximum throughput of TS/PS scheme in an AF relaying network with non-linear energy harvester. IEEE Access, 26617–26625 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2834225
- 18.Gradshtein, I.S., Ryzhik, I.M.: Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 4th edn. Academic Press Inc., New York (1980)Google Scholar