Data Warehouse for the Monitoring and Analysis of Water Supply and Consumption
Water is an essential resource that is increasingly scarce. Existing water supply networks are highly stressed due the increasing water consumption and the high quantity of water losses. In order to reduce water losses and improve water consumption management, EAmb—Esposende Ambiente, E.M. is implementing a data warehouse for storing water supply and consumption data. The available data will be used to monitor and analyze water supply and consumption in Esposende county.
KeywordsWater supply system Data warehouse ETL process
- ERSAR. (2017). Caraterização do setor de águas e resíduos (volume 1). Relatório Anual dos Serviços de Águas e Resíduos em Portugal. Retrieved from http://www.ersar.pt/pt/publicacoes/relatorio-anual-do-setor.
- Kanakoudis, V., Tsitsifli, S., Samaras, P., & Zouboulis, A. (2013). Assessing the performance of urban water networks across the EU Mediterranean area: The paradox of high NRW levels and absence of respective reduction measures. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, 13(4), 939–950. https://doi.org/10.2166/ws.2013.044.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kimball, R., & Caserta, J. (2004). The Data Warehouse ETL toolkit: Practical techniques for extracting, cleaning conforming, and delivering data. Hoboken: Wiley. ISBN: 978-0764567575.Google Scholar
- Kimball, R., & Ross, M. (2013). The data warehouse toolkit: The complete guide to dimensional modeling (3rd ed.), Wiley. ISBN: 978-1118530801.Google Scholar
- Mounce, S. R., Boxall, J. B., & Machell, J. (2010). Development and verification of an online artificial intelligence system for detection of bursts and other abnormal flows. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 136(3), 309–318. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000030.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- OECD. (2016). Water governance in cities. OECD Publishing. http://doi.org/10.1787/9789264251090-en.
- Thornton, J., Sturm, R., & Kunkel, G. A. (2008). Water loss control. New York: McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 978-0071499187.Google Scholar