Conclusions on the Growth of Firms in Less-Developed Countries
Drawing on the results obtained from the analysis, this book argues that firm growth is not just a macro or micro issue, but derives from the interactions among both macro and micro factors. For this reason, the investigation focused on the integration of different perspectives to understand the macro and micro factors involved and how they affect firm growth. We applied different frameworks to improve (illuminate) our understanding of these macro and micro interactions in the context of firm growth in a less-developed economy such as Kosovo.
- Bartelsman, E., Haltiwanger, J., & Scarpetta, S. (2009). Measuring and analyzing cross-country differences in firm dynamics. In T. Dunne, J. B. Jensen, & M. J. Roberts (Eds.), Producer dynamics. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press for the NBER.Google Scholar
- De Soto, H. (1989). The other path: The invisible revolution in the third world. New York: Harper Row.Google Scholar
- Geroski, P. A., Mata, J., & Portugal, P. (2012). Founding conditions and the survival of new firms. Strategic Management Journal, 31(5), 510–529.Google Scholar
- Klapper, L., Amit, R., Guillén, M. F., & Quesada, J. M. (2008). Entrepreneurship and firm formation across countries (The World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 4313).Google Scholar
- Naudé, W. A. (2010a). Entrepreneurship and economic development. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Ragin, C. C. (1987). The comparative method. Moving beyond qualitative and quantitative strategies. Berkeley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Ragin, C. C. (2000). Fuzzy-set social science. Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Stam, E., Audrutsch, D., & Meijaard, J. (2006). Renascent entrepreneurship (ERIM Report Series 17). Erasmus Research Institute Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam.Google Scholar
- World Bank. (2008). Unleashing prosperity productivity growth in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/ECAEXT/Resources/publications/UnleashingProsperity.pdf.