Research on the Confirmation Mechanism of SCPS-TP Protocol in Satellite Network
In order to improve the bandwidth utilization of the satellite communication link and the performance of the SCPS-TP transmission protocol, an improvement of TCP Vegas algorithm is proposed in this paper. For the satellite link bandwidth asymmetry, the proposed algorithm distinguishes the relative queue delay congestion state on the satellite network reverse link. The forward and reverse link states are subdivided and correspondingly improved in the congestion avoidance phase. On this basis, the reverse link acknowledgement packet transmission frequency is dynamically adjusted. The OPNET simulation result shows that the algorithm improves the satellite link throughput when the bit error rate is high. The algorithm has low complexity and obvious improvement in effect.
KeywordsSatellite communication SCPS-TP Confirmation frequency OPNET
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (6150130), Postdoctoral Science Foundation of Shenyang Ligong University (2016), Leading Academic Discipline Open-ended Foundation of Shenyang Ligong University (4771004kfx24), Middle-aged and Young Science and Technology Innovation Talents Support Program Project of Shenyang (2017).
- 1.Li, L.Q., Zhu, J., Yang, Y.T., Hu, Z.: Performance analysis of TCP congestion control algorithm for satellite IP network. Shanghai Aerosp. 33(6), 109 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Dai, S., Xiao, N., Liang, J., Yuan, T.: TCP congestion control algorithm for satellite networks based on processing delay. Mod. Def. Technol. 42(3), 128 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Du, L.H., Wu, X.J.: Research and implementation of TCP protocol accelerator based on SCPS-TP. Radio Eng. 47(9), 13 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, L.Q., Zhu, J., Yang, Y.T., Hu, Z.: Performance analysis of TCP congestion control algorithm for satellite IP network. Shanghai Aerosp. 6, 110 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Jiang, H., Huang, J.Q., Wang, X.: Simulation of TCP congestion control based on bandwidth estimation of MANET. Comput. Eng. Des. 37(1), 201 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Sreekumari, P., Chung, S.H., Lee, M., Kim, W.S.: Detection of fast retransmission losses using TCP timestamp for improving the end-to-end performance of TCP over wireless networks. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. 11(9), 1 (2013)Google Scholar