A Improved Algorithm of MAC Layer for Wireless and Power Line Cooperative Communication
Power Line Communication (PLC) and Wireless Communication (WLC) are the popular research directions in the field of communication in the future. The concept of cooperative communication between the power line and wireless has been proposed. However, the current researches focus mainly on the physical layer, and the MAC layer is rarely researched. Therefore, this paper proposes a new CSMA/CA algorithm-W/P-CSMA (Wireless/Power Line alternative communication of CSMA/CA). It combines the advantages of PLC and WLC and formulates a new algorithm to make frames well transmitted in power line and wireless. Then through the MATLAB simulation, we study the key indicators. From the analysis of results, alternative communications have significantly improved time delay and throughput compared with PLC.
KeywordsPLC Wireless communication CSMA/CA Throughput Time delay
This study is supported by The National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61601182, No. 61771195), Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province (No. F2017502059, F2018502047), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 2017MS109).
- 1.Vlachou, C., Henri, S., Thiran, P.: Electri-Fi your data: measuring and combining power-line communications with Wifi. In: Internet Measurement Conference, pp. 325–338. ACM (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, Z.X., Han, D.S., Qiu, L.J.: Research on performance of indoor wireless and power line dual-media cooperative communication system. Proc. CSEE 37(9), 2589–2598 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Vlachou, C., Banchs, A., Herzen, J., Thiran, P.: On the MAC for power-line communications: modeling assumptions and performance tradeoffs. In: International Conference on Network Protocols, pp. 456–467. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Vlachou, C., Banchs, A., Herzen, J., Thiran, P.: Analyzing and boosting the performance of power-line communication networks. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM International on Conference on emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies, pp. 1–12 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, X.H., Lin, X.K.: Improved algorithm of IEEE 802.11 DCF in fading channels. J. Tsinghua Univ. (Sci. Technol.) 47(1), 57–60 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Fang, R.J., Wang, J.P., Sun, W.: Cross-layer cooperative control of wireless sensor communication network in smart distribution network. J. Electron. Meas. Instrum. (2) (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Kong, Q.P.: Research on time synchronization protocol and algorithm improvement of high accuracy and low power wireless sensor network. Kunming University of Science and Technology (2017)Google Scholar