Improve Link Prediction Accuracy with Node Attribute Similarities
Link prediction is one of the significant research problems in social networks analysis. Most previous works in this area neglect attribute similarity of the node pair which can easily obtain from real world dataset. Traditional supervised learning methods study the link prediction problem as a binary classification problem, where features are extracted from topology of the network. In this paper, we propose a similarity index called Attribute Proximity. The set of features are similarity index we proposed and four others well-known neighbourhood based features. We then apply a supervised learning based temporal link prediction framework on DBLP dataset and examine whether attribute similarity feature can improve the performance of the link prediction. In our experiments, the AUC performance is better when attribute similarity feature is considered.
KeywordsLink prediction Social networks Node attributes
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61502246), NUPTSF (No. NY215019).
- 4.Hasan, M.A.: Link prediction using supervised learning. In: Proceedings of SDM Workshop on Link Analysis Counterterrorism & Security, vol. 30(9), pp. 798–805 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Soares, P.R.D.S., Prudêncio, R.B.C.: Time series based link prediction. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 20, pp. 1–7. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Salton, G., Mcgill, M.J.: Introduction to Modern Information Retrieval, vol. 41, pp. 305–306. McGraw-Hill (1983)Google Scholar
- 10.Makridakis, S.G., Wheelwright, S.C.: Forecasting Methods for Management, vol. 15, pp. 345–349. Wiley (1985)Google Scholar
- 11.Duan, L., Aggarwal, C., Ma, S., Hu, R., Huai, J.: Scaling up link prediction with ensembles. In: ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 367–376. ACM (2016)Google Scholar