A Data Acquisition and Processing Scheme Based on Edge Calculation
In order to reduce network load and network latency of centralized server in smart home system, optimization method of data acquisition and application framework based on environment intelligence are proposed. Data acquisition and processing scheme based on edge calculation is designed and implemented. Empirical results show that optimizing the data acquisition and application framework will help improve the efficiency of data acquisition. Data acquisition and processing scheme based on edge calculation can effectively reduce network communications.
KeywordsSmart home Data acquisition Edge calculation ZigBee
This study is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (61502246) and Innovative Research Joint Funding Project of Jiangsu Province (BY2013095-108).
- 2.Piyare, R., Tazil, M.: Bluetooth based home automation system using cell phone. In: International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, pp. 192–195. IEEE, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, W., Yan, Y.: Application of ZigBee wireless sensor network in smart home system. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Technol. 3(5), 154–160 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, J.S., Su, Y.W., Shen, C.C.: A comparative study of wireless protocols: Bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, and Wi-Fi. In: Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 46–51. IEEE, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Chandane, M.M., Bhirud, G.S., Bonde, V.S.: Performance analysis of IEEE 802.15.4. Int. J. Comput. Appl.40(5), 23–29 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Banerjee, A., Sufyanf, F., Nayel, M. S., Sagar, S.: Centralized framework for controlling heterogeneous appliances in a smart home environment. In: 2018 International Conference on Information and Computer Technologies, pp. 78–82. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar