Robotics and Industry 4.0
Industry 4.0 also known as fourth revolution is a new era in which industry will deal with technologies like Robotics, Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and many more. The adoption of robots in Industries worldwide is on the high rise. Robots and human both have their own strengths and limitations. Working together in safe manner both will provide better quality product with high accuracy in less time. The main aim of Robotics and Industry 4.0 is to improve productivity, produce high quality product at low price and meet customer expectation. In this chapter we have discussed role of Robotics and Automation in Industry 4.0, pros and Cons of Robotics in Industry 4.0, various challenges and its applications.
KeywordsArtificial Intelligence (AI) Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED) ROV (Remote Operational Vehicles) Robotics Industry 4.0
- 2.“Industry 4.0: the fourth industrial revolution – guide to Industrie”, https://www.i-scoop.eu/industry-4-0/.
- 4.Bartodziej, Christoph Jan (2017), The Concept Industry 4.0 An Empirical Analysis of Technologies and Applications in Production LogisticsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bartodziej, Christoph Jan (2017), The Concept Industry 4.0 An Empirical Analysis of Technologies and Applications in Production LogisticsGoogle Scholar
- 7.Tawfik Borgi, Adel Hidri, Benjamin Neef, Mohamed Saber Naceu, “Data analysis for Predictive Maintainence of Industial robots”, 2017 International Conference on Advanced Systems and Electric Technologies (IC_ASET)Google Scholar
- 9.Andreas Bauer. 2016. KUKA LBR Iiwa. Augsburg: Kuka RoboterGmbH.Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, W., Zeng, L., & Feng, D. (2016, August). Apas: an application aware hybrid storage system combining ssds and swds. In 2016 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Robert Bosch GmbH. 2015. Changeable Automation With TheAPAS family. StuttgartGoogle Scholar
- 14.Saito, T., & Ikeda, H. (2007). Development of normally closed type of magnetorheological clutch and its application to safe torque control system of human-collaborative robot. In Electrorheological Fluids And Magnetorheological Suspensions (pp. 557-562).Google Scholar
- 16.Givehchi, O., Trsek, H., & Jasperneite, J. (2013, September). Cloud computing for industrial automation systems—A comprehensive overview. In Emerging Technologies & Factory Automation (ETFA), 2013 IEEE 18th Conference on (pp. 1-4). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 23.Margaret Rhodes, “Check out Nike’s Crazy New Machine-Designed Track Shoe”, July 20, 2016 https://www.wired.com/2016/07/check-nikes-crazy-new-machine-designed-track-shoe/
- 26.Gilchrist, A. (2016). Industry 4.0: The Industrial Internet of ThingsGoogle Scholar
- 37.A four-armed robot can now improvise music as well as human bandmates, Mike Murphy, 23 May, 2016. https://qz.com/689827/moogfest-shimon-music-robot/