Adaptive Algorithm Based on Functional-Type A Posteriori Error Estimate for Reissner-Mindlin Plates
This research is devoted to numerical justification of an adaptive mesh refinement algorithm based on functional-type a posteriori local error indicator for Reissner-Mindlin plates. Four stages of this algorithm (solver, estimator, marker and refiner) and its implementation are discussed. A number of numerical experiments for L-shape and skew Reissner-Mindlin plates is provided for verification and efficiency demonstration. It is also shown that efficiency index for functional-type a posteriori error estimate is stable and has acceptable value. As such a technique can be used with in-house implementation of finite element solver as well as with commercial software packages with closed sources, proposed algorithm may be applicable for engineering practice.
This research is supported by the Grant of the President of the Russian Federation MD-1071.2017.1.
- 3.Beirão da Veiga, L., Chinosi, C., Lovadina, C., Stenberg, R.: A-priori and a-posteriori error analysis for a family of Reissner-Mindlin plate elements. BIT Numer. Math. 48, 189–213 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Beirão da Veiga, L., Mora, D., Rivera, G.: Virtual elements for a shear-deflection formulation of Reissner-Mindlin plates. Math. Comput. (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Cen, S., Shang, Y.: Developments of Mindlin-Reissner plate elements. Math. Probl. Eng. 2015, 12 (2015). Article ID 456740Google Scholar
- 8.Frolov, M.: Reliable a posteriori error control for solutions to problems of Reissner-Mindlin plates bending. In: Procceding of 10th International Conference. Mesh methods for boundary-value problems and applications, Kazan, Russia, pp. 610–615 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Repin, S.: A posteriori estimates for partial differential equations. Radon Series on Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 4. de Gruyter, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Repin, S., Frolov, M.: Estimation of deviations from the exact solution for the Reissner-Mindlin plate problem. J. Math. Sci. 132, 331–338 (2006). Translated from Zapiski Nauchnykh Seminarov POMI 310, 145–157 (2004)Google Scholar
- 18.Verfürth, R.: A Review of A Posteriori Error Estimation and Adaptive Mesh Refinement Techniques. Wiley/B.G. Teubner, Chichester/Stuttgart (1996)Google Scholar