Putting It Together
Ippolito speaks to the need for foundational change in how we approach conflict, negotiation and problem-solving in response to the present global conflict crisis. Focused on the need to create a new conflict culture and a new professional capable of optimally operating within that new paradigm, Ippolito offers examples of how we might achieve these goals by enlivening our classrooms and adopting frame-breaking behaviours in practice. Success—and survival—in the twenty-first-century global community depends upon our ability to change and respond to the needs of a constantly changing world. Ippolito emphasizes that the ability to interact, negotiate and problem-solve in a way that connects us to others rather than alienating us from them is critical to achieving short-term as well as long-term goals, and to the ultimate goal of helping to create a more settlement-oriented, peaceful world.
- Bankowski, Z., and Del Mar, M., eds. 2013. The Moral Imagination and the Legal Life: Beyond Text in Legal Education. Farnham: Ashgate Pub. Co.Google Scholar
- Bankowski, Z., Del Mar, M., and Maharg, P., eds. 2012. The Arts and the Legal Academy: Beyond Text in Legal Education. Farnham: Ashgate Pub. Co.Google Scholar
- Ebner, N., Coben, J., and Honeyman, C., eds. 2012. Assessing Our Students, Assessing Ourselves. Saint Paul, MN: DRI Press.Google Scholar
- Honeyman, C., Coben, J., and De Palo, G., eds. 2009. Rethinking Negotiation Teaching: Innovations for Context and Culture. Saint Paul, MN: DRI Press.Google Scholar
- Honeyman, C., Coben, J., and De Palo, G., eds. 2010. Venturing Beyond the Classroom. Saint Paul, MN: DRI Press.Google Scholar
- Honeyman, C., Coben, J., and Wei-Min Lee, A., eds. 2013. Educating Negotiators for a Connected World. Saint Paul, MN: DRI Press.Google Scholar
- LeBaron, M., Acland, A., and MacLeod, C., eds. 2013. The Choreography of Resolution: Conflict, Movement and Neuroscience. Chicago: American Bar Association.Google Scholar
- Lipman, J. 2013. Is Music the Key to Success? The New York Times, Sunday Review/Opinion, 12 October 2013.Google Scholar
- Love, L.P., and Singh, S. 2013. Following the Golden Rule and Finding Gold: Generosity and Success in Negotiation. In C. Honeyman, J. Coben, and A. Wei-Min Lee (eds.) Educating Negotiators for a Connected World. Saint Paul, MN: DRI Press, pp. 285–300.Google Scholar
- McGilchrist, I. 2009. The Master and His Emissary. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.Google Scholar
- Moore, C. 2014. The Mediation Process. San Francisco: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Robinson, K. 2010. Bring on the Learning Revolution! TED, February 2010 [Video Online]. Available at: https://www.ted.com/talks/sir_ken_robinson_bring_on_the_revolution [Accessed 24 November 2014].
- Schein, E.H. 2013. The Role of Art and the Artist. Organizational Aesthetics, 2(1), pp. 1–4.Google Scholar