Two-Dimensional Linear Elastic Analyses—Slice Method
The initial procedure used in the structural analysis of reinforced concrete silo groups is to remove a horizontal slice of unit height from the group of cells, as shown in perspective in Fig. 3.1, and study it for the various expected loading cases.
- 1.Stalnaker JJ, Harris EC (1992) Bending moments in walls of grouped silos due to structural continuity. ACI Struct J 89(2):159–163Google Scholar
- 2.Filho JF, An introduction to the study of silos. Master Thesis, Engineering School of Engineer, São Paulo University (in Portuguese)Google Scholar
- 3.Cook RD (1994) Finite element modelling for stress analysis. WilleyGoogle Scholar
- 4.Ansys (2014) User and theoretical manuals. Swanson Analysis Systems, IncGoogle Scholar
- 5.Bathe KJ (1996) Finite element procedures. Prentice HallGoogle Scholar