Improving Local Governance: Problems and Solutions
This chapter will discuss the main issues affecting the satisfactory performance of local governance organizations, by identifying the major constraints and the appropriate solutions and approaches to overcome them, with emphasis on the soft means i.e. accompanying measures: institutional building, training, improved organization and others.
- Passouant M, Le Gal P-Y, Keita B (2010) The contribution of information systems in maintaining large‐scale irrigation schemes. Irrig Drain 59(3):241–253. https://doi.org/10.1002/ird.469
- Playán E, Cavero J, Mantero I, Salvador R., Lecina S, Faci JM, Andrés J, Salvador V, Carden G, Ramón S, Lacueva JL, Tejero M, Ferri J. Martínez-Cob A (2007). A database program for enhancing irrigation district management in the Ebro Valley (Spain). Agric Water Manage 87(2):209–216Google Scholar
- Sagardoy JA, Pastore G, Yamashita I, López-Cortijo I (1999) SIMIS: scheme irrigation management information system. FAO, RomeGoogle Scholar
- Skutsch J, Evans D (1999) Realizing the value of irrigation system maintenance. IPTRID, RomeGoogle Scholar
- Sonaje NP, Joshi MG (2015) A review of modeling and application of water distribution networks (WDN) softwares. Int J Tech Res Appl 3(5):174–178Google Scholar