This chapter summarizes views, opinions, and ideas of leading researchers and practitioners in cybersecurity, which they shared with our research team during the interviews. Based on these views, we suggest ways in which businesses can plan, build, and manage secure spaces in the digital domain. Recommendations are illustrated by examples and case studies.
- 1.Japan: Legal responses to the Great East Japan Earthquake of 2011, Law.gov the Law Library of Congress. Accessed September 2018. https://www.loc.gov/law/help/japan-earthquake/index.php.
- 2.Kaufmann, D., & Penciakova, V. (2011, March). Japan’s Triple Disaster: Governance and the Earthquake, Tsunami and Nuclear Crises. Brookings Institute. https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/japans-triple-disaster-governance-and-the-earthquake-tsunami-and-nuclear-crises/.
- 3.Philips Lighting is now Signify. Press Release 16 May 2018. https://www.signify.com/en-us/about/news/press-releases/2018/20180516-philips-lighting-is-now-signify.
- 5.Cole, E., & Northcutt, S. Honeypots: A Security manager’s guide to Honeypots. V1.1 SANS Technology Institute, Security Laboratory. https://www.sans.edu/cyber-research/security-laboratory/article/honeypots-guide.
- 6.Hatton, E. Life online: How big is your digital footprint? 12 February 2018 RNZ. https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/350224/life-online-how-big-is-your-digital-footprint.
- 7.Lyons, K., Ellis-Petersen, H., Kuo, L., & Zhou, N. Malaysian investigators release 1,500-page report into disappearance of MH370, The Guardian, 30 July 2018. https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jul/30/mh370-final-report-released-by-malaysian-government-live.
- 8.Johnston, A., & Warkentin, M. (2010, September). Fear appeals and information security behaviours: An empirical study. MIS Quarterly, 34(3). http://www.uab.edu/cas.
- 9.Evans, M., Maglaras, L. A., He, Y., & Janicke Jan, H. (2016). Human behavior as an aspect of cyber security assurance. arXiv:1601.03921v1[cs.CR].
- 10.Aytes, K., Connolly, T., Ovelgonne, M., Dumitras, T., Prakash, A., Subrahmanian, V. S., & Wany, B. (2017, July). Understanding the relationship, between human behavior and susceptibility to cyber-attacks: A data-driven approach. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)—Special Issue: Cyber Security and Regular Papers, 8(4), Article no. 51.Google Scholar
- 12.Hoffman, C. (2017, November). Intel management engine, explained: The Tiny computer inside your CPU. How-To Geek. https://www.howtogeek.com/334013/intel-management-engine-explained-the-tiny-computer-inside-your-cpu/.
- 13.Davis, J. TrapX launches ransomware deception tool, CryptoTrap. HealthITNews, August 2016. https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/trapx-launches-ransomware-deception-tool-cryptotrap.
- 14.First Midwest Bank Uses Fidelis Deception™ to Detect and Respond to Security Anomalies, case study. Accessed October 2018. https://www.fidelissecurity.com/case-study-first-midwest-bank.
- 15.20 Deception Technology Companies: In-depth Guide  Applied AI blog. https://blog.appliedai.com/deception-tech-companies/.
- 16.5 ways deception tech is disrupting cybersecurity, Doron Kolton, TNW, May 2018. https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2018/05/26/5-ways-deception-technology-is-changing-cybersecurity/.
- 17.Hutchins, E. M., Cloppert, M. J., & Amin, R. M. (2011, January). Intelligence-driven computer network defense informed by analysis of adversary campaigns and intrusion Kill Chains. https://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/dam/lockheed-martin/rms/documents/cyber/LM-White-Paper-Intel-Driven-Defense.pdf.
- 18.Myer, D. ID card security: Spain is facing chaos over chip crypto flaws. ZDNet, 17 November 2017. https://www.zdnet.com/article/id-card-security-spain-is-facing-chaos-over-chip-crypto-flaws/.
- 19.Lapowsky, I. How Russian Facebook ads divided and targeted US voters before the 2016 election, 18 April 2018 Wired. https://www.wired.com/story/russian-facebook-ads-targeted-us-voters-before-2016-election/.
- 20.Stewart, E. Facebook has already detected suspicious activity trying to influence the 2018 elections, 31 July Vox. https://www.vox.com/2018/7/31/17635592/facebook-elections-russia-2018-midterms.
- 21.Facebook-Cambridge Analytica data scandal, BBC. Accessed October 2018. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c81zyn0888lt/facebook-cambridge-analytica-data-scandal.