Legal Regulation of E-Commerce Taxation in the Russian Federation
The article was prepared for the purpose of scientific substantiation of the need to create an effective legal mechanism for taxation of subjects of the actively developing e-commerce market. In the Russian Federation, it should and can contribute to an increase in tax revenues to the state budget. To achieve this target, the authors, developing the content of the article, methodologically rely on the materialistic, positivistic worldview, applying a number of general scientific, special scientific and special methods. The article examines the concept, nature and legal regulation of the taxation of e-commerce. The analysis of the existing concepts of taxation of e-commerce entities, their possible use in one form or another in the Russian Federation has been carried out. The features of e-commerce taxation are revealed. Problems are indicated and directions for improving the taxation of e-commerce entities are proposed.
KeywordsInternet communications Tax base Tax regime and rates E-commerce Retail Budget revenues
JEL ClassificationK41 O38 L81
This scientific work was supported by the Volgograd Institute of Management—the branch of RANEPA, as part of the execution of the scientific project No. 04-2018VIM “Actual problems of the protection of rights and freedoms in the digital space”.
- 1.Lyamin, A. (2018). What awaits Russian e-commerce in 2018. https://vc.ru. The turnover of the Russian Internet retail market exceeded 1 trillion. Rubles.
- 2.Demidov, A. (2017). Global trends and the Russian consumer 2017. https://www.gfk.
- 4.Kulik, I. V., Motovits, T. G., & Pazdnikov, R. A. (2018). The Russian segment of world electronic commerce: the problems of formation and the prospects of development. Bulletin of the Pacific University, 1(48), 79–88.Google Scholar
- 5.Inshakova, A. O., Goncharov A. I., & Kazachenok, O. P. (2018). The imperatives of financial policy in the sphere of the digital economy: impacts on increasing investment activity and tax potential of Russian regions. In: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference «Competitive, Sustainable and Secure Development of the Regional Economy: Response to Global Chal-lenges» (CSSDRE 2018) (pp. 337–342). Amsterdam: Atlantis Press.Google Scholar
- 6.Kobelev, O. A. (2012). In S. V. Pirogov (Ed.), E-commerce (4th ed., 684p). Moscow: Publishing and Trading Corporation.Google Scholar
- 7.Vorobiev, K. Y. (2015). The essence of e-commerce in international trade relations. Russia’s Foreign Trade Messenger, 3, 106–114.Google Scholar
- 8.Kubkina, U. S. (2012). E-commerce: The role of the concept, development trends. Terra Economicus, 2(2), 53–55.Google Scholar
- 9.Kozinets, N. V. (2015). The evolution of the legal regulation of cross-border ecommerce in US law. Actual Problems of Russian Law, 9, 195–202.Google Scholar
- 10.Litvinsky, K. O., & Vladimirov, S. R. (2017). Formation of an effective mechanism for taxing e-commerce. Economics: Theory and Practice, 2(46), 47–55.Google Scholar
- 12.Koren, A. V. (2010). Taxation of subjects of electronic commerce: Problems and prospects (176p). Vladivostok: Publishing house of VSUES.Google Scholar