Orthopedics is a gadget-rich specialty. The list is long: dressings, plaster and fiberglass casting supplies, traction equipment, pins, intramedullary rods, plates and screws, prosthetic joints, prosthetic limbs, and crutches.
- 1.Phillips JJ, Coughlin R, Gosselin RA. Socially responsible orthopaedic donations. AAOS NOW, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2010, May.Google Scholar
Websites of Organizations Providing Medical Equipment and Supplies
- doc2doc. www.dr2dr.org.
- MedShare. www.medshare.org.
- Orthopaedic Link. www.orthopaediclink.org.
- Remedy. www.remedyinc.org.
- SIGN Fracture Care International. www.signfracturecare.org.
- U.S. National Member Society of the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (U.S. ISPO). www.usispo.org.
- World Access Project. www.worldaccessproject.org.
- https://www.partnersforworldhealth.org/ Recycled medical supplies.
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020