This chapter deals with the sequelae of adult orthopedic conditions, neglected injuries, failed treatments, and end-stage degenerative joint disease as they are dealt with by osteotomies, arthrodeses, and/or arthroplasties.
- 6.Tall M, Ouedraogo I, Nd Kasse A, Tekpa BJ, et al. Femur malunion treated with open osteotomy and intramedullary nailing in developing countries. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2012;1:49–55.Google Scholar
- 10.Jones L. The shoulder joint-observations on the anatomy and physiology with analysis of reconstructive operation following extensive injury. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1942;75:433.Google Scholar
- 14.Froimson AI, Morrey BF. Interposition arthroplasty of the elbow. In: Morrey BF, editor. Master techniques in orthopedic surgery, the elbow. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2002.Google Scholar
- 16.Sie EJB, Kacou AD, Lambin Y. Austin Moore hemiarthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures in patients aged 55 years and above. An Ivorian experience. Niger J Orthop Trauma. 2006;5:8–13.Google Scholar
- (https://www.vumedi.com/video/surgical-reduction-of-chronic-shoulder-dislocation/) This video describing an extensive take-down from chronically dislocated shoulder has been described, though we have no experience with it.
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020