Assessing Data Anomaly Detection Algorithms in Power Internet of Things
At present, the data related to the Internet of Things has shown explosive growth, and the importance of data has been greatly improved. Data collection and analysis are becoming more and more valuable. However, a large number of abnormal data will bring great trouble to our research, and even lead people into misunderstandings. Therefore, anomaly detection is particularly necessary and important. The purpose of this paper is to find an efficient and accurate outlier detection algorithm. Our work also analyzes their advantages and disadvantages theoretically. At the same time, the effects of the data set size, number of proximity points, and data dimension on CPU time and precision are discussed. The performance, advantages and disadvantages of each algorithm in dealing with high-dimensional data are compared and analyzed. Finally, the algorithm is used to analyze the actual anomaly data collected from the Internet of Things and analyze the results. The results show that the LOF algorithm can find the abnormal data in the data set in a shorter time and with higher accuracy.
KeywordsAnomaly detection Internet of Things LOF
This work is partially supported by Project No. 5211DS16001R of State Grid Zhejiang Electric Power Co., Ltd. This work is also supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant No. 61502374.
- 2.Kriegel, H.-P., Schubert, M., Zimek, A.: Angle-based outlier detection in high-dimensional data. In: KDD, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Breunig, M.M., Kriegel, H.-P., Ng, R.T., et al.: LOF: identifying density-based local outliers. In: ACM MOD, Dallas, TX USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Taghizadeh, M.J., Parhizkar, R., Garner, P.N., Bourlard, H., Asaei, A.: Ad hoc microphone array calibration: euclidean distance matrix completion algorithm and theoretical guarantees. Sig. Process. 170, 123–140 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Trihinas, D., Pallis, G., Dikaiakos, M.D.: ADMin: adaptive monitoring dissemination for the internet of things. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, INFOCOM 2017, pp. 1–9. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Kriegel, H.P., Zimek, A.: Angle-based outlier detection in high-dimensional data. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 444–452. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhou, M., Wang, Y., Srivastava, A.K., et al.: Ensemble based algorithm for synchrophasor data anomaly detection. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid (2018)Google Scholar