Towards Optimizing Energy Efficiency and Alleviating Void Holes in UWSN
Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks (UWSNs) are promising and emerging framework having a wide range of applications. The underwater sensor deployment is beneficial; however, some factors limit the performance of the network, i.e., less reliability, high end-to-end delay and maximum energy dissipation. The provisioning of aforementioned factors have become challenging task for the research community. In UWSNs, battery consumption is inevitable and has a direct impact on the performance of the network. Most of the time energy dissipates due to the creation of void holes and imbalanced network deployment. In this work, a routing protocol is proposed to avoid the void holes problem and extra energy dissipation, due to which lifespan of the network increases. To show the efficacy of our proposed routing scheme, it is compared with state of the art protocols. Simulations result show that the proposed scheme outperforms the counterparts.
KeywordsGEDPAR Void holes Energy efficiency Underwater Wireless Sensor Network (UWSNs) Depth adjustment Transmission range
- 4.Khan, A., Ali, I., Rahman, A.U., Imran, M., Mahmood, H.: Co-EEORS: cooperative energy efficient optimal relay selection protocol for underwater wireless sensor networks. IEEE Access (2018)Google Scholar
- 14.Jan, M.A., Tan, Z., He, X., Ni, W.: Moving towards highly reliable and effective sensor networks (2018)Google Scholar
- 15.Yildiz, H.U., Gungor, V.C., Tavli, B.: Packet size optimization for lifetime maximization in underwater acoustic sensor networks. IEEE Trans. Industr. Inf. (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.Khalid, M., Cao, Y., Ahmad, N., Khalid, W., Dhawankar, P.: Radius-based multipath courier node routing protocol for acoustic communications. IET Wireless Sens. Syst. (2018)Google Scholar
- 19.Yuan, Y., Liang, C., Kaneko, M., Chen, X., Hogrefe, D.: Topology control for energy-efficient localization in mobile underwater sensor networks using Stackelberg game. arXiv preprint arXiv:1805.12361 (2018)