The Model of Probe Configuration and Setup Planning for Inspection of PMPs Based on GA
This chapter presents an approach of probe configuration and setup planning for inspection of PMPs. The developed model is composed of two main parts: the analysis of PMP setups and the probe configuration for inspection on a CMM. A set of possible PMP setups and probe configurations for two types of sensors (probe star and probe head) is reduced to optimal number using a modified, current GA-based methodology. For each part setup, the optimal probe configuration and optimal point-to-point measuring path are possible to obtain. The advantage of the model is reduction of the total measurement time as well as elimination of errors due to human factor (minimising human involvement) through intelligent planning of probe configuration and part setup. This setup model can be applied not only for inspection planning on a CMM but also for the setup of prismatic parts machining on machining centres.
- 6.Hussien AH, Youssefy MA, Shoukryz KM (2012) Automated inspection planning system for CMMs. In: Proceedings of the international conference on engineering and technology. IEEE, Cairo, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 7.Limaiem A, ElMaraghy AH (1998) Automatic path planning for coordinate measuring machine. In: Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE, international conference on robotics and automation, Leuven, Belgium, pp 887–892Google Scholar
- 16.Stojadinovic S, Majstorović V (2012) Towards the development of feature—based ontology for inspection planning system on CMM. J Mach Eng 12(1):89–98Google Scholar
- 27.Liangsheng Q, Guanhua X, Guohua W (1998) Optimization of the measuring path on a coordinate measuring machine using genetic algorithms. Measurement 23:59–170Google Scholar
- 28.Rice O, Nyman R (2013) Efficiently vectorized code for population based optimization algorithms. UCL Department of Computer Science. Research NoteGoogle Scholar