The Model for Inspection Planning of PMPs on a CMM
This chapter presents a model of prismatic measurement parts (PMPs) inspection planning on CMMs, in terms of an intelligent system of inspection planning. The developed model is composed of mathematical model, inspection feature construction, sampling strategy, probe accessibility analysis, automated collision-free generation and probe path planning. The proposed model presents a novel approach for the automatic inspection and a basis for the development of an integrated, intelligent system of inspection planning. The advantages of this approach imply the reduction of preparation time due to an automatic generation of a measuring protocol, a possibility for the optimisation of measuring probe path, i.e. the reduction of time needed for the actual measurement and analysis of a workpiece setup, as well as an automatic configuration of measuring probes.
- 4.Ha S, Hwang I, Rho HM (2000) A study on the development of knowledge based inspection planning system for CMM. In: 2nd CIRP international seminar on intelligent computation in manufacturing engineering, pp 497–502. CIRP, Capri, ItalyGoogle Scholar
- 5.BS7172—Guide to assessment of position, size, and departure from nominal form of geometric feature, the minimum number of pointsGoogle Scholar
- 8.Majstorovic VD, Stojadinovic SM (2013) Research and development of knowledge base for inspection planning prismatic parts on CMM. In: 11th international symposium on measurement and quality control, Cracow-Kielce, Poland, 11–13 SeptGoogle Scholar
- 9.Stojadinovic S, Majstorović V (2012) Determining the sequence of inspections of basic geometric primitives on CMM. In: Proceedings of the 38th JUPITER conference, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Belgrade, Belgrade, 15–16 May, pp 5.25–5.30Google Scholar
- 10.Stojadinovic S (2016) Intelligent concept of inspection planning for prismatic parts on CMM. Doctoral dissertation (on Serbian language), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, BelgradeGoogle Scholar