Cyber-Physical Network Mapping Attack Topology
This Cyber-Physical Network Mapping Attack Topology paradigm provides cyber analysts with appropriate background information to underpin efforts to provide accurate and comprehensive assessments in the development of cyber analytic products. In addition, this framework will assist in providing information regarding cyber threats, vulnerability and consequence analysis for the network assets that are being attacked by an adversary. The Cyber-Physical Mapping Network Topology will dramatically enhance the vulnerability and consequence analysis of cyber threats by improving the monitoring, detection, analysis, and mitigation capabilities in responding to cyber incidents in the United States. Network systems that control the critical infrastructure in most case operate constantly and the impact of downtime from a cyber exploit of the control systems that potentially could endanger public health and safety can range from inconvenient to catastrophic.
KeywordsMonitoring Detection Threat analysis Vulnerability Consequences
- 1.Kent, K., Chevalier, S., Grance, T., Dang, H.: Special Publication SP800-86, Guide to Integrating Forensic Techniques into Incident Response, NIST. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-86/SP800-86.pdf. Accessed 25 March 2013
- 2.An Overview of Vulnerability Scanners. HKSAR (The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region). http://www.infosec.gov.hk/english/technical/files/vulnerability.pdf. Accessed 25 March 2013
- 3.Presidential Policy Directive—Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience. Whitehouse.gov. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/12/presidential-policy-directive-critical-infrastructure-security-and-resil. Accessed 25 March 2013
- 4.Stouffer, K., Falco, J., Scarfone, K.: Special Publication SP800-82: Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security, NIST. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-82/SP800-82-final.pdf. Accessed 25 March 2013
- 5.Hack Attack. Hudson Valley Times. http://www.ulsterpublishing.com/view/full_story/21844700/article–Hack-attack-?. Accessed 25 March 2013