The Importance of Trade with the Balkan Countries for Turkey
In our present age, international business is growing very fast since buyers and sellers can easily connect each other without hardly any limit. However, despite the ease and speed of communication, geographical realities are still an important factor in evaluating trade opportunities. Thus, to transport and deliver commodities as cheaply and quickly as possible to their destination is as important as it is to make online deals at the touch of a button. Naturally, the fastest and cheapest logistics operations can be conducted at shorter distances, so trade with neighbours is still of great importance.
For the purposes of international trade, Balkan countries are strategically located both in terms of their European neighbourhood and also in the wider global context. Moreover, a shared history and culture is an important factor encouraging a strengthened cooperation amongst these countries themselves as well as the neighbouring countries like Turkey. Turkey’s trade relations with these countries have gained an increased significance in recent years as it has started to enjoy a positive balance in its trade with the region.
In this study, import and export values between Turkey and Balkan countries are carefully presented in detail, and the advantages and benefits of trade with these countries for Turkish economy are considered.
KeywordsImport Export International business
- Aytüre, S., & Berki, Ö. (2015). Avrupa Birliği, Türkiye ve Balkan Ülkeleri Ticaret İlişkileri. İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, 14(28), 197–212.Google Scholar
- Doğanlar, M., Bal, H., & Özmen, M. (2004). Uluslararası Ticaret ve Türkiye’nin İhracat Fonksiyonu. Manas Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, 4(7), 83–109.Google Scholar
- Kalayci, E. (2013). Dijital Bölünme, Dijital Yoksulluk ve Uluslararası Ticaret; Atatürk Üniversitesi İktisadi ve. İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, 27(3), 145–162.Google Scholar
- MFA. Accesed March 28, 2017., from http://www.mfa.gov.tr/balkanlar_ile-iliskiler.tr.mfa
- SETAV. Accesed March 28, 2017., from https://setav.org/assets/uploads/2017/02/72Rapor.pdf
- Seyidoğlu, H. (2015). Uluslararası İktisat (1. Basım). İstanbul: Gizem Yayınları.Google Scholar
- Takim, A., & Ersungur, M. Ş. (2010). Dahilde İşleme Rejimi: İthalat ve İhracat Üzerindeki Etkisi. Atatürk Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, 24(2), 289–305.Google Scholar
- TUIK. Accessed March 15, 2017., from http://www.tuik.gov.tr/