A Method for Leak Detection of Spacecraft in Orbit Based on Beam-Forming
With the increasing number of space debris, the probability of the collision between the spacecraft in orbit and space debris significantly increases, threatening the stable operation of the manned spacecraft and the safety of the astronauts. So, it is of great significance to the leak detecting of spacecraft in orbit. In this paper, beam-forming algorithm will be used to detect and locate the continuous leak signal, using an L-shape sensor array. By carrying out experiments on an 1 m × 1 m × 2.5 mm size plate (5A06), the influence of distance between sensor array and the leak source on the accuracy of leak location will be studied both in theory and experiment. The experimental result will be a reference for distribution of sensor array when this method is used in practical application.
KeywordsContinuous leak Beam-forming Distance Location
This paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. U1537109) and the Open Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Precision Measurement Technology and Instrument (Tianjin University) (No. pilab1706).
- 1.J.S. Imburgia, Space debris and its threat to national security: a proposal for a binding international agreement to clean up the junk. Vand. J. Transnat’l L. 44, 589–641 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.J.C. Liou, S. Debi, Monthly number of objects in earth orbit by object type. Orbit. Deb. Quart. News 16(1), 8 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.J.C. Liou, S. Debi, Increase in ISS debris avoidance maneuvers. Orbit. Deb. Quart. News 16(2), 1–2 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Astronauts Complete Spacewalk to Repair Ammonia Leak, Station Changes Command. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/expeditions/expedition35/e35_051113_eva.html.2013.12.05
- 5.Z.H.O.U. Yu-chang, The development of on-star beam-forming technology of communication satellite. Space Elect. Tech. 03, 7–15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.S.O.N.G. Xin, A method of time-delay and phase-shift beam-forming technology. Inf. Tech. 09, 85–87 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Z.H.A.N.G. Tao, Z.E.N.G. Zhou-mo, L.I. Yi-bo, et al., Vacuum leak detection based on acoustic emission method. J. Vibrat. Shock 32(24), 164–168 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.J.R. Mailloux, Phased Array Antenna Handbook (Artech House Publishers, Norwood, MA, 2005)Google Scholar