Acoustic Emission Characteristic of Ceramic Matrix Composite Under Static Loading
The acoustic emission characteristics of ceramic matrix composite under static loading were investigated. The acoustic emission characteristics and the corresponding load ratio were analyzed. The damage mode of the ceramic matrix composite was also analyzed through the AE technology. The experimental results show that lots of AE signals were generated when the ceramic matrix composite is under the action of external load. Besides, it clearly indicated that the AE can be well used as a significant unit for structure health evaluation.
Key wordsFiber-reinforced ceramic matrix composites Static test Acoustic emission
This work was finically supported by the National Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51605459).
- 3.F. Breede, R. Jemmali, H. Voggenreiter, et al., Design and testing of a C/C-SiC nozzle extension manufactured via filament winding technique and liquid silicon infiltration, in Design, Development, and Applications of Structural Ceramics, Composites, and Nanomaterials: Ceramic Transactions, ed. by D. Singh, vol. 244, (Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2014), pp. 1–14Google Scholar
- 4.H. Rivers, D. Glass, Advances in hot structure development, in Thermal Protection Systems and Hot Structures, ed. by K. Fletcher, (ResearchGate, Berlin, 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.J.D. Corso, B. Cheatwood, et al., Advanced high-temperature flexible TPS for inflatable aerodynamic decelerators, in AIAA Aerodynamic Decelerator Systems Technology Conference and Seminar, ed. by AIAA, (AIAA, Reston, 2011), pp. 139–161Google Scholar
- 6.A.R. Brewer, Edgewise Compression Testing of STIPS-0 (Structurally Integrated Thermal Protection System). Technical Report, NASA/CR-2011-217161 (NASA, Hanover, MD, 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.D. Zhu, M. Halbig, M. Jaskowiak et al., Property evaluation and damage evolution of environmental barrier coatings and environmental barrier coated SiC/SiC ceramic matrix composite sub-elements, in 38th Annual Conference on Composites, Materials and Structures (2014)Google Scholar