Mathematical Modeling and Calibration Procedure of Combined Multiport Correlator
Increasing amounts of information transmitted-by-the-air provides an expansion of the data transmission bandwidth and an increase in the requirements for transmitting and receiving devices. This problem can be solved with the help of software defined radio systems (SDR).
Special types of multiport devices are promising elements of the SDR systems, because of the low production costs and the possibility of using them in the wideband microwave radio systems. Combined multiport correlator (CMPC) is the one of such devices. This multiport device is the symbiosis of a multiport correlator and multi-probe transmission line, which allows it to be calibrated without preciously known loads.
This article presents a mathematical model of the combined multiport correlator that allows to transmit data in a wide frequency band, which is very important for modern software defined radio systems. High efficiency of CMPC was confirmed with the help of the numerical experiments. The computer simulation confirms theoretical conclusions.
KeywordsComplex amplitude Calibration procedure Multi-port correlator Software defined radio receiver Maximum likelihood method Calibration standards Multiport Mathematical model Multi-probe transmission line correlator
- 1.Kennington, P.B.: RF and Baseband Techniques for Software Defined Radio. Artech House, Boston/London (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Xu, X., Wu, K., Bosisio, R.G.: Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering. École Polytechnique de Montreal, Montreal (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Ghannouchi, F.M., Mohammadi, A.: The Six-Port Technique with Microwave and Wireless Applications. Artech House, London/Boston (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Gagné, J.F., Gauthier, J., Bosisio, R.G.: High speed low cost architecture of direct conversion digital receiver. In: Conference Proceedings of the IEEE IMS Symposium, Phoenix, AZ, vol. 2, pp. 1093–1096 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Semezhev, N., L’vov, A.A., L’vov, P.A, Geranin, R.V., Solopekina, A.A.: A novel parameter estimation technique for software defined radio system based on broadband multi-port receiver. In: Proceedings of the XI International Conference on SIBCON-2015, Omsk, pp. 320–324 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/sibcon.2015.7147132
- 13.L’vov, A.A., Meschanov, V.P., Svetlov, M.S.: Optimal estimation of microwave circuit para with automatic network analyzers. Radiotehnika 10, 240–244 (2016). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 16.Malarić, K., Suć, I., Bačić, I.: Measurement of DVB-S and DVB-S2 parameters. In: 2015 23rd International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), Split, Croatia (2015)Google Scholar