Computer Analysis of Geometrical Parameters of the Retina Epiretinal Membrane
Objective: to develop algorithms of processing of video images of optical slices of the retina of the eye to quantify the degree of folding of the epiretinal membranes and of the Central fossa. Material and methods: The object of the study was the video image of the retina obtained by optical coherence tomography. To develop methods of determining the degree of folding epiretinal membrane was formed mathematical model of the profile consisting of a base profile (low frequency component) and folding (high frequency part). Results: Developed two alternative methods of estimation of folding epiretinal membrane retinal - averaging method and the method using the Wavelet transform. The algorithm of geometrical parameters of the Central fossa: the height, width and line shape. These algorithms are implemented in a software system. Conclusion: The practical application of the developed system showed its adequacy, as well as an introduction into medical practice the use of quantitative estimates of some parameters of a condition of the retina.
KeywordsOptical coherence tomography Video Profile of epiretinal membranes Folding membranes The geometry of the central fossa The relative depth Assessment of the symmetry of the holes The deviation of the shape from the norm
- 1.Lambrozo, B., Rispoli, M.: OCT of the retina. Method of analysis and interpretation, Moscow, 83 p., April 2012. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Virgili, G., Menchini, F., Murro, V., Peluso, E., Rosa, F., Casazza, G.: Optical coherence tomography (OCT) for detection of macular oedema in patients with diabetic retinopathy. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 7, CD008081 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Fu, D., Tong, H., Zheng, S., Luo, L., Gao, F., Minar, J.: Retinal status analysis method based on feature extraction and quantitative grading in OCT images, Biomed. Eng. OnLine 15, 87 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12938-016-0206-x, https://www.researchgate.net/publiction/305519101_Retinal_status_analysis_method_based_on_feature_extraction_and_quantitative_grading_in_OCT_images
- 9.Daurov, S.K., Dolinina, O.N., Kamenskikh, T.G., Batischeva, Yu.S., Kolbenev, I.O., Andreychenko, O.A., Potemkin, S.A., Proskudin, R.A.: Computer analysis of epiretinal membrane parameters. Saratov J. Med. Sci. Res. 13(2), 350–358 (2017). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Gonsales, R., Vuds, R.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Publishing Pearson (2008). ISBN: 978-0-13-168728-8Google Scholar