Sound-Based Detection and Ranging System as Example Application of a Rapid Prototyping and Low-Cost Technology for Board-Level Electronic Systems Education
The work presents a low-cost and rapid prototyping technology for printed circuits board (PCB) design. The PCB design flow and the prototyping technology are presented, which are tailored for educational applications in University course of board-level electronic systems. Some fabricated samples with the proposed technology of educational electronic systems, designed by bachelor-level student teams, e.g. a sound-based detection and ranging system, are presented. The achieved results show the feasibility of the proposed technique as rapid prototyping tool and its suitability for engineering educational purpose.
We thanks the members of the group 12, Marco Bellamio, Paolo Bonifati, Francesco Lombardi, Luca Lucarelli, who developed the describes system.
- 1.Awawdeh, M., Faisal, T., Fadhel, F., Al Hamadi, A.: Improving electronics engineering students’ skills by projects’ college competition. In: 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1–5. Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. https://doi.org/10.1109/icaset.2018.8376936 (2018)
- 2.Cunha, B.G.P., et al.: DidacTronic: a low-cost and portable didactic lab for electronics: Kit for digital and analog electronic circuits. In: 2016 IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), pp. 296–303. Seattle, WA. https://doi.org/10.1109/ghtc.2016.7857296 (2016)
- 3.Esposito, W.J., Mujica, F.A., Garcia, D.G., Kovacs, G.T.A.: The Lab-In-A-Box project: An Arduino compatible signals and electronics teaching system. In: 2015 IEEE Signal Processing and Signal Processing Education Workshop (SP/SPE), pp. 301–306. Salt Lake City, UT. https://doi.org/10.1109/ewme.2016.7496479 (2015)
- 4.Esposito, W.J., Mujica, F.A., Garcia, D.G., G.T.A. Kovacs, The Lab-In-A-Box project: An Arduino compatible signals and electronics teaching system. In: 2015 IEEE Signal Processing and Signal Processing Education Workshop (SP/SPE), pp. 301–306. Salt Lake City, UT. https://doi.org/10.1109/dsp-spe.2015.7369570 (2015)
- 5.Nerguizian, V., Mhiri, R., Saad, M., Kane, H., Deschênes, J.S., Saliah-Hassane, H.: Lab@home for analog electronic circuit laboratory. In: 2012 6th IEEE International Conference on E-Learning in Industrial Electronics (ICELIE), pp. 110–115. Montreal, QC. https://doi.org/10.1109/icelie.2012.6471157 (2012)
- 6.Lumpp, J.K., Blackburn, W.C., et al.: Instrumentation and measurement in a first-year engineering program. IEEE Instrum. Meas. Mag. 21, 20–24 (2018). https://www.orcad.com/resources/download-orcad-liteCrossRefGoogle Scholar