Construction of Higher-Order Approximation Difference Scheme for Nonlinear Convection-Diffusion Equation Using Adaptive Artificial Viscosity in Case of Two-Phase Filtering Problems
The method of adaptive artificial viscosity is used to model the process of one-dimensional nonlinear convection-diffusion equation. For this purpose, a finite difference scheme (FDS) of the second order of time and space approximation has been developed. The scheme was tested using a numerical solution of the problem on formation of a gradient catastrophe. The process of two-phase filtration was analyzed with the help of constructed FDS. Numerical calculations showed that the proposed method, and in this case reliably tracks the discontinuities of the solution.
KeywordsTwo-phase filtering problem Finite difference schemes Computer simulations
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (projects Nos. 16-07-00519-a, 18-07-00841-a, 16-29-15095-ofi-m).
- 1.Sivukhin, D.V.: General Course of Physics, vol. 2. Nauka, Moscow (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.Aziz, K., Settari, A.: Petroleum Reservoir Simulation. Applied Science Publishers Ltd., London (1979)Google Scholar
- 3.Koldoba, A.B., Poveschenko, Y.A., Samarskaya, E.A., Tishkin, V.F.: Methods of mathematical modeling of the environment. Nauka, Moscow (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Popov, I.V.: Construction of difference scheme with high order approximation using adaptive artificial viscosity for nonlinear advection equation. Prepr. Keldysh Inst. Appl. Math. RAS 68, 1–21 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Kalitkin, N.N.: Chislennye metody. BHV, St.-Petersburg (2011). (in Russian)Google Scholar