Multiscale Mathematical Modeling of the Metal Nanoparticles Motion in a Gas Flow
The paper is devoted to modeling the motion of metal nanoparticles in a gas flow. Two different ways are proposed to solve the problem. The first way is based on the use of the molecular dynamics method, the second method is based on the use of the multiscale approach combining the quasigasdynamic equations system and the molecular dynamics method. A cluster of nickel atoms is considered as a metallic nanoparticle, a flow of nitrogen molecules is considered as a gas flow. In numerical experiments, the conditions for matching the applied mathematical models and the behavior of the nanoparticle are determined.
KeywordsMultiscale modeling Metallic nanoparticles Fluid dynamics with nanoinclusions Molecular dynamics
The work was funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research, projects no. 18-07-01292-a, 18-51-18004-bolg_a, 16-07-00206-a.
- 2.Papyrin, A., Kosarev, V., Klinkov, S., Alkhimov, A., Fomin, V.: Cold Spray Technology. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Chetverushkin, B.N.: Kinetic schemes and quasi-gasdynamic system of equations. CIMNE, Barcelona (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Podryga, V.O., Karamzin, Y.N., Kudryashova, T.A., Polyakov, S.V.: Multiscale simulation of three-dimensional unsteady gas flows in microchannels of technical systems. In: Proceedings of the VII European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete Island, Greece, 5–10 June 2016, vol. 2, pp. 2331–2345 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Podryga, V., Polyakov, S.: Correction of the gas flow parameters by molecular dynamics. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Particle-Based Methods-Fundamentals and Applications, pp. 779–788. CIMNE, Barcelona (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Podryga, V.O.: Calculation of kinetic coefficients for real gases on example of nitrogen. In: Dimov, I., Farago, I., Vulkov, L. (eds.) Numerical Analysis and Its Applications. NAA 2016, LNCS, vol. 10187, pp. 542–549. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57099-0_61CrossRefGoogle Scholar