A High Capacity HEVC Steganographic Algorithm Using Intra Prediction Modes in Multi-sized Prediction Blocks
The existing video steganographic schemes based on intra prediction modes for video coding standards H.264/AVC and HEVC all use single-sized blocks to embed the secret payload. Thus, the steganographic properties of HEVC multi-sized tree-structured intra partition still need exploration. In this paper, a novel video steganographic algorithm is presented. Base on the fact that visual quality degradation caused by steganography is basically the same for both large-sized Prediction Blocks (PBs) and small-sized PBs, this algorithm tries to exploit intra prediction modes in multi-sized PBs in each Coding Tree Units (CTU). The innovation of this paper includes: (1) Improvement in capacity without introducing great degradation in visual quality. (2) High coding efficiency maintained by defining cost function based on rate distortion. (3) A new indicator to measure Bit Increase Ratio(BIR) under different capacity. The Experimental results show that this algorithm outperforms the latest intra prediction modes based HEVC steganographic algorithm in both capacity and perceptibility while preserving coding efficiency as well.
KeywordsHEVC Intra prediction modes Video steganography
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61572320, 61572321). Corresponding author is Professor Xinghao Jiang, any comments should be addressed to email@example.com.
- 1.Aparna, R., Ajish, S.: A review on data hiding techniques in compressed video. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 134(13), 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Tew, Y., Wong, K.S.: Information hiding in HEVC standard using adaptive coding block size decision. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 5502–5506. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Hu, Y., Zhang, C., Su, Y.: Information hiding based on intra prediction modes for H. 264/AVC. In: 2007 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1231–1234. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Bouchama, S., Hamami, L., Aliane, H.: H. 264/AVC data hiding based on intra prediction modes for real-time applications. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 2200, no. 1, pp. 655–658 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, J., Wang, R., Xu, D., Li, W., Yan, D.: An information hiding algorithm for HEVC based on intra prediction modes. J. Softw. 10(2), 213–221 (2015). https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?p=AONE&sw=w&u=googlescholar&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CA461704620&sid=classroomWidget&asid=3346b4ef
- 10.Dong, Y., Jiang, X., Sun, T., Xu, D.: Coding efficiency preserving steganography based on HEVC steganographic channel model. In: Kraetzer, C., Shi, Y.-Q., Dittmann, J., Kim, H.J. (eds.) IWDW 2017. LNCS, vol. 10431, pp. 149–162. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64185-0_12CrossRefGoogle Scholar